Hand stripping with a grooming stone is ideal when you don't want to damage the hair. The only downside to most grooming stones is that they leave visible grit in the coat. Unless, of course, you use the innovative Show Tech Groom Stones.
Finally, a grooming stone for every coat colour!
There is always some grit when plucking with a grooming stone. What is innovative and unique about these groom stones is that they are available in a variety of colours to match the different coat colours. As a result, any grit residue will be much less noticeable!
What's more, these groom stones are made of high-quality, 100% natural pumice stone that is particularly hard-wearing, making them last much longer than average.
With its elegant rectangular shape and rounded corners, the stone is easy to hold and work with. The homogeneous porous surface allows a better grip on the hair during hand stripping and the coat of, for example, a cocker or spaniel can be plucked without damaging it.
It's all in the details
- Grooming stone – plucks hair safely without risk of cutting or damaging the coat
- For plucking wire-haired dog breeds (terriers) and breeds with a coat that needs to be hand-stripped (cavaliers, cockers, setters and spaniels)
- Available in a variety of colours to match the different coat colours
- Made of 100% natural and high-quality pumice stone that is free from plastic, harmful chemicals and pollutants
- More hard-wearing and therefore more durable than other grooming stones on the market!
- Cleaning instructions: Cannot be cleaned and should not be washed/wet. (The natural material and structure prevent bacteria from surviving on this stone.)
- Handmade using an environmentally friendly production method with extensive quality control
Length: 8 cm
Width: 4 cm
Height: 3 cm
- Weight: 20 g*
* All measured data are approximate. As these groom stones are made of a natural product and are also cut by hand, there may be small differences between them.
Take the stone in your dominant hand and, with the thumb of your other hand, hold the dog's skin firmly. Then, using the groom stone, comb in the direction of the coat growth to remove the undercoat. Do this with a gentle movement and without exerting too much pressure. This is the first way to use the stone.
There is also another way. Hold the stone in the palm of your hand and, while applying a technique similar to when using a stripping knife, use your thumb to grasp the hair and trap/hold it against the stone for easy plucking. It is even easier if you use your other hand and your fingers or a brush to lift a few hairs from the coat. This way you can better see where to pull. Repeat until the desired length is reached. To make it more comfortable for the dog, we recommend using your free hand to slightly tighten the skin just above the area where you want to pull the hairs.
Want to learn more about hand stripping? Then be sure to check out this blog post on hand stripping with stones and other tools.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.